Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Cathedral of Salt Photos

No, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth, I've just been occupied with other Life activities. Yes, it's been way too long since I've posted any photos here. I'll fix that today.

After thousands of requests from my husband, I finally agreed to visit his birthplace of Bogota, Colombia. (Yes, I took to heart the horrible stories about the place. Thanks to assurances from family and our priest, who visited Bogota a few years ago, I relented.) So we took the kids and headed to South America this past summer. I loved meeting family - they were all so kind and generous; the food was great, so great I gained weight; and for this hobby photographer, the vistas breathtaking.

I've finally gone through my photos from the trip, over 1.1k of them. I'll be sharing a few of them (don't worry - only a few) over the next few posts.

The ones included with this post are mostly from our first day in Colombia - taken in Bogota, along the way to the Cathedral of Salt, and inside the converted salt mine.

Enjoy.


The kids jumping around with a younger cousin.

The view from our lunch table at the restaurant. The thick walls reminded me of the adobe walls of the US Southwest.

Churches abound every where. This one was on the square near where we lunched.

The view of the countryside.
Yes, you read that correctly - a Juan Valdez Cafe. (This was the first of many that I saw.)

Another view of the mountains and villages that dot the countryside.
The view from the Cathedral of Sal parking lot.
Saw this beauty while waiting in line to enter the Cathedral of Salt.

One of the many cross carvings in the converted salt mine. This one is found in one of the Stations of the Cross.

The main cross in the church section of the Cathedral of Salt.

A sculpture from the depths of the old mine. Talk about treasure.
Had to capture the texture and swirls.

From the light and music show.






No comments:

Post a Comment