Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Photos from Santa Marta

While in Colombia, my husband insisted we visit the coast so we could see the Caribbean. With several recommendations from family members, we took a mini-vacation from Bogota and traveled to Santa Marta.

Bogota's climate was temperate and humid, Santa Marta's hot and humid. The heat turned out to be a blessing in disguise as not many people were out and about: only us heat acclimated Arizonans.

This post differs from most of my others as there are lots of photos of my family.



It took me a while, but I finally got the pose she wanted - mid flight in an Irish dance jump.

The Man Child enjoying the waves from the edge.

My Youngest - probably wondering how far she could get away with before we pulled her back.

The view from our little spot in paradise.



We've since realized that in the ocean is not his favorite place to be.



I can only imagine the cheesy comments that elicited these grins.

My family playing in the Caribbean Sea.

Posing for me.

From the other direction, this time with me in the photo.

I much prefer being on the this side of the camera.

A tiny island of green on the beach.

A few kites flying overhead.


The view from the lounge chair during the massage.


The Man-Child in deep thought.

The Girls took a break from playing in the sand to pose.

Her grin.

She would've stayed the rest of the week if we had let her.

Flowers along the path near the beach.

Several pelicans flew by, this one rested for a bit near us.

Another vista from our spot on the beach.


More deep thoughts.

That sand was hot!



Cloud formations in the distance.



Photographing the photographer.

Sand. Sand. Sand.

More sand.

Beautiful.

I think she'd rather be back in the water.

Deep thought with perfect ringlets.

Solemn.

Returning from a photo session of their own.

More thoughts and just a ringlet.

At the bungaloo.


No comments:

Post a Comment